top of page

1970-71 Football League : First Division

Manager: Ron Greenwood

A tough start saw three London derbies, which all ended in draws. After 10 games the team were still without a win and twentieth. The League Cup brought some relief with a narrow 1–0 home win against Hull City, but the journey ended with a 3–1 defeat at Coventry City. Finally a league win arrived when Burnley were beaten 3–1 at home, with Geoff Hurst grabbing a hat-trick. The following home game with Tottenham Hotspur brought a record attendance of 42,322, a figure which stands today. New signing centre-half Tommy Taylor made his debut and the Hammers twice came from behind to draw 2–2. At Derby County in December Jimmy Greaves, playing in his 500th league game, scored in the 4–2 victory. A poor run of results followed, including a 4–0 FA Cup defeat at Blackpool and a 4–1 home loss to Derby County. In February the Hammers snapped up goalscorer Bryan ‘Pop’ Robson from Newcastle United, who scored on his debut in the 2–0 win against Nottingham Forest. It was a big boost to the team in signing Robson and he was again on target in successive home wins over Manchester United and West Bromwich Albion. Relegation was avoided after finishing third from bottom.


1 August 1970

DAVID JAMES (2001-2004) Born this day Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire

Commanding figure who became Glenn Roeder's first major signing in the summer of 2001 when he arrived from Aston Villa for a fee of £3.25m. For James,

it provided a welcome reunion with the Hammers boss, who played in front of him at Watford when the two were at opposite ends of their careers back in the early 90s. James began his career at Vicarage Road for the Hornets before a £1m move to Liverpool in July 1992. He spent seven years as first choice goalkeeper at Anfield, making a total of 277 League and Cup appearances before Aston Villa snapped him up for £1.7m in June 1999. In his first season at Villa Park, he picked up an FA Cup runners-up medal and also became a well-known figure at Upton Park after his much-publicised spat with Paolo Di Canio after the infamous Worthington Cup quarter-final between the two sides - a rift that the two have now happily put behind them. James proved to be one of the Premiership's most consistent stoppers and was rewarded with a return to international football by England caretaker boss Peter Taylor for the friendly against Italy in November 2000. He impressed enough to keep his place for Eriksson's first match in charge against Spain in February 2001. Sadly injured knee ligaments playing in England's warm-up game v Holland 15 August, forcing him to miss the first few months of his Hammers career.

James' West Ham debut came against Tottenham Hotspur at Upton Park 24 November 2001in a 0-1 defeat by the men from White Hart Lane. The Hammers were relegated to the League Championship at the end of the season, but James stayed and played 102 total matches before returning to the Premier League, signing for Manchester City on 14th January 2004 for an undisclosed fee as a replacement for the retired David Seaman.

Later played for Portsmouth, Bristol City, AFC Bournemouth, IBV Vestmannaeyjar (Iceland) and finally Kerala Blasters in the Indian Super League.


8 August 1970


Winger who made 266 appearances and scored 53 goals over eight seasons


10 August 1970

STEVE MAUTONE (1996) Born this day Myrtlford, Australia

Signed from Canberra Cosmos in a £60,000 deal towards the end of the 1995-96 season. Previously tried his hand in Italian football as a raw teenager

before heading home to Oz, an Italian passport holder. In Australia he finally established himself as one of the country's most promising young 'keepers,

which prompted Hammers to sign him. A calf injury to Ludek Miklosko enabled Mautone to make the first of only three First-team appearances against Barnet in the Coca-Cola Cup at Under Hill on the 18th September 1996 in a 1-1 draw. The young goalkeeper was frustrated at the lack of first team football at West Ham, and after giving several magnificent displays on loan first to Crewe Alexandra then Reading. After playing 15 loan games for the Berkshire, the Elm Park club came in with a £250,000 offer on deadline day March 1997 that Harry Redknapp could not afford to turn down. Mautone spent the 1999/00 season

making a handful of various clubs, including Wolverhampton Wanderers, Crystal Palace and Gillingham. He eventually moved to non-league Slough Town FC where he spent a couple of seasons and made over 50 appearances before eventually returning to Australia to pursue a coaching career.

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR : Football League First Division

70_08_15 Tottenham Hotspur v. WHU

White Hart Lane 2 - 2 (Bennett, Greaves) 15 August 1970 Att: 53,640 Referee: R. Matthewson

Grotier Bonds Lampard Bennett Stephenson Moore Best Brooking Hurst Greaves Howe

70_08_15 Tottenham Hotspur v. WHU


It happened, as every Spurs player feared it would, after exactly 33 minutes. Jimmy Greaves scored a goal against his former team-males at Tottenham Hotspur. A Hammer for just five months, the little maestro returned to White Hart Lane for the first time since his transfer and maintained his great record of scoring in first games against former clubs after a transfer. A crowd of 53,640 watched Spurs and West Ham battle out a 2-2 result. Bobby Moore had played like a master throughout inspite of his off-the-field worries of the Bogota bracelet affair, blackmail threats and the presence of a police bodyguard to protect him and his family.

ARSENAL : Football League First Division

70_08_17 WHU v. Arsenal

Upton Park 0 - 0 17 August 1970 Att: 39,004

Grotier Bonds Lampard Bennett Stephenson Moore Best Brooking Hurst Geaves Howe

70_08_17 PAT HOLLAND insert v. Arsenal

70_08_17 PAT HOLLAND insert v. Arsenal

Programme Insert :

Pat Holland and Harry Redknapp/Ron Boyce

CHELSEA : Football League First Division

70_08_22 WHU v. Chelsea

Upton Park 2 - 2 (Howe, Hurst) 22 August 1970 Att: 39,240

Grotier Bonds Lampard Bennett Stephenson Moore Best Brooking Hurst Geaves Howe

The meeting with Chelsea was the Hammers' third consecutive derby, following matches against Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal, and it looked for a while that West Ham would break their winning duck. An eleventh minute goal from Bobby Howe was quickly added to another from Geoff Hurst and the Hammers were 2-0 up. But Chelsea came roaring back after the break through Keith Weller to ensure the spoils would be shared.

70_08_22 BOBBY HOWE insert Chelsea

70_08_22 PETER EUSTACE insert Chelsea

Programme Insert :

Bobby Howe and Peter Eustace

LEEDS UNITED : Football League First Division

70_08_26 Leeds United v. WHU

Elland Road 0 - 3 26 August 1970 Att: 42,677

Grotier Bonds Lampard Bennett Stephenson Moore Best Brooking Hurst Geaves Howe

For the fourth match running Peter Eustace, West Ham United's £90,000 signing of just eight months before, Found himself out of the starting line-up for the midweek visit to Leeds United at Elland Road. Although they were full of sporadic brilliance and sparkle the Hammers had no answer to the supercharged form of Leeds United who made it four wins out of four played, to top the table after their 3-0 win.

MANCHESTER UNITED : Football League First Division

70_08_29 Manchester United v. WHU

Old Trafford 1 - 1 (Hurst) 29 August 1970 Att: 50,676

Grotier Bonds Lampard Bennett Stephenson Moore Best Brooking Hurst Geaves Howe

Three days after their 0-3 defeat to Leeds United, Bobby Moore and his colleagues were back up north for a visit to Manchester United and silenced the home crowd of over 50,600 by taking a second minute lead through Geoff Hurst, following a move that had started with his skipper, involved Brooking, himself and Greaves, before taking a return pass to fire home a left-foot drive. However, United equalised in the 28th minute through Fitzpatrick to make the scoreline 1-1.

70_08_29 Manchester United v. WHU

SOUTHAMPTON : Football League First Division

70_08_31 WHU v. Southampton

Upton Park 1 - 1 (Hurst) 31 August 1970 Att: 26,213

Grotier Bonds Lampard Bennett Stephenson Moore Best Brooking Hurst Geaves Howe

70_08_31 WHU v. Southampton

No Programme Insert Issued

EVERTON : Football League First Division

70_09_05 WHU v. Everton

Upton Park 1 - 2 (Moore) 5 September 1970 Att: 21,171

Grotier Bonds Lampard Bennett Stephenson Moore Best Brooking Hurst Geaves Howe

Unfortunately the Hammers had ended the month of August 1970 with five draws and one defeat and were still seeking that first victory by the time of our home engagement v. Everton. 29,171 fans saw two shots from each side rebound from the woodwork; but Everton succeeded in being on target twice, goals by Joe Royle (30 mins.) and Jimmy Husband (39 mins.) being only partially offset by Bobby Moore's counter in the 68th minute. It was the current League champions' first win of the season.

70_09_05 BILLY BONDS insert v. Everton

70_09_05 BOBBY HOWE insert v. Everton

Programme Insert :

Billy Bonds and Bobby Howe

DEATH Stephen

8 September 1970

STEPHEN DEATH joins READING for £20,000

Vastly-talented goalkeeper, who was never really given a chance at the Boleyn due to the fine handling of Bobby Ferguson

HULL CITY : Football League Cup (Second Round)

70_09_09 WHU v. Hull City FLC2

Upton Park 1 - 0 (Eustace) 9 September 1970 Att: 19,160

Grotier Bonds Lampard Bennett Stephenson Moore Best Brooking Hurst Geaves Howe

70_09_09 WHU v. Hull City FLC 2

No Programme Insert Issued

The Second Round of the Football League Cup had paired the Hammers at home with Second Division Hull City. It looked as though it was going to be an embarrassing night for Ron Greenwood's side with a replay looming as with five minutes to go there was still no score. Chances galore, with many being created by winger Harry Redknapp, had been missed by the strike-force of Geoff Hurst, Jimmy Greaves and Clyde Best. Hull's brave resistance, marshalled by new player-manager Terry Neill, was finally broken when Hurst took a quick corner on the left. The England striker released the ball into the path of Frank Lampard whose centre was headed down by Best for Peter Eustace to hit home shot from 12 yards in the 85th minute. Although The Tigers fought desperately to force an equaliser, they could not find a way through despite the Hammers being reduced to 10 men. With three minutes left Billy Bonds was sent-off for retaliation after being pushed when he turned away from goal after bringing a fine save from the Tigers goalkeeper. West Ham had done just enough to end their miserable run of seven games without a win.

WEST BROMWICH ALBION : Football League First Division

WEST BROMWICH ALBION : Football League First Division

The Hawthorns 1 - 2 (Howe) 12 September 1970 Att: 24,606

Grotier Bonds Lampard Bennett Stephenson Moore Best Brooking Hurst Geaves Howe

NEWCASTLE UNITED : Football League First Division

70_09_19 WHU v. Newcastle United

Upton Park 0 - 2 19 September 1970 Att: 25,841

Grotier Bonds Lampard Bennett Stephenson Moore Best Brooking Hurst Geaves Howe

No Programme Insert Issued

The Hammers were struggling near the foot of the First Division table by mid-September as they were without a win from the eight matches played having drawn five and lost three. The visit of Newcastle United on the 19th of the month would see the Hammers suffer their third defect in as many Saturdays as the Northerners eased home by 2-0 with a goal in each half from Bryan 'Pop' Robson who was to become such a favourite of the Upton Park crowd just a few months later. Trying a new attacking formation Ron Greenwood's team had started impressively but faded midway through the first-half with only Billy Bonds, Frank Lampard, Bobby Moore and Clyde Best playing with any urgency.


25 September 1970


After 46 appearances spanning three seasons the likeable defender joins DUNFERMLINE ATHLETIC for £5,000 fee

HUDDERSFIELD TOWN : Football League First Division

70_09_26 Huddersfield Town v. WHU

Leeds Road 1 - 1 (Hurst) 26 September 1970 Att: 20,885

Grotier Bonds Lampard Bennett Stephenson Moore Best Brooking Hurst Geaves Howe

BURNLEY : Football League First Division

70_10_03 WHU v. Burnley Ayris

Upton Park 3 - 1 (Hurst 3) 3 October 1970 Att: 23,295

Grotier Bonds Lampard Bennett Stephenson Moore Best Brooking Hurst Geaves Howe

Debut programme signed by Johnny Ayris

No Programme Insert Issued

JOHNNY AYRIS makes his Hammers debut against BURNLEY at Upton Park

A sigh of relief for Ron Greenwood's side as they notched up their first League win of the season, in their 10th match of the compoign, with a 3-1 home win over Burnley. A Geoff Hurst hat-trick had given the Hammers a comfortable cushion with nine minutes left before Ralph Coates, who later came south to Spurs, scored a consolation effort. By the end of the season both teams had faired not much better as the Turf Moor club, along with Blackpool, were relegated and it was the two northern teams who provided the buffer that kept the Hammers in the First Division.

WHU v Burnley 70_10_03 1

WHU v Burnley 70_10_03 2

COVENTRY CITY : Football League Cup (Third Round)

70_10_06 Coventry City v. WHU

Highfield Road 1 - 3 (Hurst) 6 October 1970 Att: 19,362

Grotier Bonds Lampard Lindsay








Despite Geoff Hurst hitting the target with a goal, his team-mates were no match for Coventry City who won this Football League Cup Third-round tie 3-1 at Highfield Road.

DEAR Brian

6 October 1970

BRIAN DEAR rejoins the Hammers for a second time from MILLWALL

Dear, nicknamed 'Stag' first signed for the Hammers as a 15-year-old. He made his debut against Wolverhampton Wanderers on 29 August 1962, and went

on to make 80 appearances, scoring 39 goals He moved to Fulham for £20,000 in 1969 but, after a short spell at Millwall, moved back to West Ham United.

STOKE CITY : Football League First Division

70_10_10 Stoke City v. WHU

Victoria Ground 1 - 2 (Greaves) 10 October 1970 Att: 23,035

Grotier Bonds Lampard Lindsay Stephenson Moore Boyce (Eustace) Best Hurst Brooking Greaves

Following their mid-week elimination from the League Cup at the hands of Coventry City at Highfield Road, it was back to League action at Stoke City with Jimmy Greaves, back after injury, netting the 350th goal of his career. Stoke equalised 10 minutes later and with just one minute left on the clock the Potter’s scored the winner to take all the points.


14 October 1970

TOMMY TAYLOR signs from LEYTON ORIENT for £80,000 with PETER BENNETT joining the O’s

Lying 19th in the First Division table, Taylor was signed from our near-neighbours to help solve a long-standing defensive problem.

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR : Football League First Division

70_10_17 WHU v. Tottenham Hotspur Taylor T

Upton Park 2 - 2 (Eustace, Hurst) 17 October 1970 Att: 42,322

Grotier Bonds Lampard Eustace Taylor T. Moore Ayris Lindsay Hurst Greaves Dear

Debut programme signed by Tommy Taylor

TOMMY TAYLOR makes his Hammers debut against TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

A Local derby against Tottenham Hotspur drew a ground record attendance of 42,322. Spurs opened the scoring in the sixth minute through their captain, Alan Mullery, only for Peter Eustace to equalise midway through the half with a header from a Bobby Moore flighted free-kick. Welsh international, Mike England, then got into the heading act to restore Tottenham's lead eight minutes before the interval. Six minutes into the second period England's delight turned to despair as he gave a poor back-pass to his goalkeeper Pat Jennings only to see Geoff Hurst beat the Irishman to the ball and steer it past him just inside the right-hand post and into the corner of the net. That goal took Hurst to 165 League goals, so passing the total achieved by former Hammers winger Jimmy Ruffell between 1923 to 1936.

70_10_17 CLYDE BEST v. Tottenham Hotspur

70_10_17 HAMMERETTES v. Tottenham Hotspur

Programme Insert :

Clyde Best and Hammerettes


WHU The Complete Record

For many years it has been widely accepted that West Ham's record attendance at the Boleyn Ground was recorded in 1970, when the Hammers hosted local rivals Tottenham Hotspur in a Division One tie in front of a crowd of 42,322.

However when researching for a new book "West Ham United - The Complete Record" with fellow historian John Northcutt we were aware of two home matches staged prior to the Second World War which attracted larger crowds - but have previously been overlooked.

Northcutt's first "Complete Record" was published in 1987 and research leading up to that publication (from newspaper reports) led to two Tottenham games with higher attendance figures.

The Tottenham Hotspur record books also confirms our figures too.

Top Five Attendance at the Boleyn Ground

1. 44,417: 08 Jan 1927 v. Tottenham Hotspur (FA Cup 3rd Round)

2. 42,716: 21 Jan 1939 v. Tottenham Hotspur (FA Cup 4th Round)

3. 42,322: 17 Oct 1970 v. Tottenham Hotspur (Division One)

4. 42,300: 16 Jan 1937 v. Bolton Wanderers (Division Two)

5. 42,271: 14 Feb 1972 v. Hereford United (FA Cup 4th Round replay)

Back in 1970, when the Tottenham game attracted 43,322, the club decided to make this their record attendance as they said the loss of records during the war leaves earlier attendances unconfirmed and that many earlier ones were just estimated.

CRYSTAL PALACE : Football League First Division

70_10_24 Crystal Palace v. WHU

Selhurst Park 1 - 1 (Howe) 24 October 1970 Att: 41,396

Grotier Bonds Lampard Eustace Taylor T. Moore Howe Lindsay Hurst Greaves Dear

West Ham United made the short trip across the river to south London to face Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park, and for the second week running a London derby attracted a 40,000 plus attendance through the turnstiles with the game ending in a 1-1 draw. The point was earned against a fourth-placed Eagles’ side who equalised Bobby Howe's fifth minute goal with 18 minutes remaining. The Hammers remained stuck just above the relegation spot in 20th spot in the table, a position they would occupy for most of the campaign.

BLACKPOOL : Football League First Division

70_10_31 WHU v. Blackpool

Upton Park 2 - 1 (Greaves, Eustace) 31 October 1970 Att: 26,239

Grotier McDowell Lampard Eustace (Heffer) Taylor T. Moore Ayris Lindsay Hurst Greaves Dear

No Programme Insert Issued

JOHN McDOWELL makes his Hammers debut against BLACKPOOL at Upton Park

The home match v. Blackpool in the First Division marked the First Team debut of John McDowell - who eventually made 249 League and 49 Cup appearances prior to his transfer lo Norwich City in 1979. Blackpool skippered by Jimmy Armfield were placed 21st in the table, and we were only one above them. It was truly a "four pointer," and when the Tangerines opened the scoring through Tony Green in the 26th minute things looked bleak for the Hammers. However, Jimmy Greaves made it 1-1 within a minute to put us back in contention in this tense tussle. Both XI's had chances to break the deadlock, but it was not until a quarter-hour from the end that Peter Eustace netted the vital goal to keep the points at Upton Park. Blackpool never really recovered from yet another set-back, and by the time we visited them at the end of February 1971 they were strong candidates for relagation. The axe fell on them at the end of the season, and they went down with Burnley.

IPSWICH TOWN : Football League First Division

70_11_07 Ipswich Town v. WHU

Portman Road 1 - 2 (Hurst) 7 November 1970 Att: 22,993

Grotier McDowell Lampard Heffer (Holland) Taylor T. Eustace Redknapp Lindsay Hurst Best Howe

WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS : Football League First Division

70_11_14 WHU v. Wolves

Upton Park 3 - 3 (Best 2, Moore) 14 November 1970 Att: 23,978

Grotier McDowell Lampard Eustace Taylor T. Moore Ayris Lindsay Best Hurst Howe

Visitors to Upton Park were Wolverhampton Wanderers, occupying fourth place in the First Division table with 20 points from 16 games. The Hammers had a round dozen points, and were obviously anxious to add to their total. Wolves drew first blood when Jim McCalliog netted in the fifth minute, but Clyde Best made it one apiece with a 33rd minute goal. Five minutes after the interval Bobby Moore scored one of his rare goals, and when Best got his second with 16 minutes to go the Hammers appeared set for victory. However, McCalliog also made his personal tally two (eight minutes from time), and with only five minutes left on the clock Bobby Gould hit the final equaliser.

70_11_14 TEAM GROUP v. Wolverhampton

Programme Insert :

Squad Team Group

MANCHESTER CITY : Football League First Division

70_11_21 Manchester City v. WHU

Maine Road 0 - 2 21 November 1970 Att: 28,485

Ferguson McDowell Lampard Eustace Taylor T. Moore Holland Lindsay (Howe) Greaves Hurst Best

A superb display by goalkeeper Bobby Ferguson, after an eight month absence, was the sole good thing to come out of the 0-2 defeat at Maine Road. Not even his heroics could stunt the skills of Colin Bell and Francis Lee, the latter scoring both City’s goals in the 9th and 84th minutes. With the Hommers near the foot of the table one local newspaper reporter commented that he was "really worried about their chances of Division One survival." If got no better a week later as Coventry City won 1 -2 at Upton Park.

70_11_21 Manchester City v. WHU

1970-71 Player Travels

25 November 1970


EAST GERMANY International Friendly Wembley Stadium, London 3-1

449 East Germany

451 HURST Geoff - England

42 caps

441 MOORE Bobby - England

85 caps

COVENTRY CITY : Football League First Division

70_11_28 WHU v. Coventry City

Upton Park 1 - 2 (Best) 28 November 1970 Att: 22,800

Ferguson McDowell Lampard Eustace Taylor T. Moore Holland Howe Best Hurst Greaves

The Final Saturday of November had seen the arrival at Upton Park of Coventry City with their manager, the former Hammers captain, Noel Cantwell. One of the original members of what was now known as the 'West Ham United Academy' the jovial former Republic of Ireland international had plotted the downfall of the Hammers once already that season when his side had won 3-1 at home in the League Cup. Once again his team proved to be victorious as they scored twice in three minutes late in the opening half. A second-half revival, in which Clyde Best hit back to reduce the arrears, was scant consolation as Hammers suffered another defeat.

70_11_28 JIMMY GREAVES v. Coventry City

Programme Insert :

Jimmy Greaves

Charlie Paynter

1 December 1970


‘Mr. West Ham’ dies

Charlie Paynter passed away at the age of 91 years, having served the Club for half-a-century, from the time when he signed amateur forms on

5 November 1900 until his official retirement when he also had a Testimonial Match in September 1950 against Arsenal.

An end of an era, he had been associated with the Hammers for 70 yeras

DERBY COUNTY : Football League First Division

70_12_05 Derby County v. WHU

Baseball Ground 4 - 2 (Best 2, Greaves, Brooking) 5 December 1970 Att: 30,806

Ferguson Bonds Lampard Eustace Taylor T. Moore Lindsay Brooking Best Hurst Greaves

There were many recriminations after the previous 2-1 home defeat to Coventry City, but all was forgotten in the euphoria at the Baseball Ground after the Hammers recorded their first away victory of the season against Derby County. Jimmy Greaves was marking his 500th league appearance with a typical goal after 16 minutes to cancel out Wignall’s opener on 9 minutes. Trevor Brooking put the Hammers 2-1 up on 19 minutes only for Durban to peg us back to 2-2 on the half-hour. A Clyde Best double in the last quarter of the match was sandwiched between controversy as goalkeeper Bobby Ferguson saved an 81st minute penalty after Eustace had block Gemmill’s run. Ferguson clearly moved early to save from Dave Mackay, denying Derby a 3-3 draw. Best slotted home the fourth two minutes from time.

LIVERPOOL : Football League First Division

70_12_12 WHU v. Liverpool

Upton Park 1 - 2 (Greaves) 12 December 1970 Att: 27,459

Ferguson Bonds Lampard Eustace Taylor T. Moore Lindsay (Ayris) Brooking Best Hurst Greaves

No Programme Insert Issued

Although the Hammers had recorded their first away win of the season at the Baseball Ground a week earlier, the Club was still in crisis for the rest of the month as they then lost at home, for the second successive match by 2-1 to Liverpool. Although captain Billy Bonds was voted Man-of-the-Match as a power, both in defence and attack, and Jimmy Greaves scored a superb equaliser, it was a lack of aerial defensive authority that gave the visitors two headed goals through Jack Whitham and Phil Boersma.

CHELSEA : Football League First Division

70_12_19 Chelsea v. WHU

Stamford Bridge 1 - 2 (Lampard) 19 December 1970 Att: 42,075

Ferguson Bonds Lampard (Best) Eustace Taylor T. Moore Ayris Brooking Dear Lindsay Greaves

70_12_12 Chelsea v. WHU

There was no pre-Christmas cheer for the Hammers at Stamford Bridge as high-flying Chelsea edged home by a 2-1 scoreline to leave the Hammers once again pointless. A Peter Osgood double did the damage, first scoring an opportunist goal on 19 minutes, his second bobbled in off Bobby Ferguson in the West Ham goal. For Frank Lampard it was a day of mixed emotions as firstly he scored with a remarkable shot from 35 yards with his right foot, before being taken to hospital for X-Rays on an injured hand. An opponent had trodden on it a few minutes before the interval which was causing him problems. It was only when Clyde Best came on at half-time did West Ham threaten the Blues.

NOTTINGHAM FOREST : Football League First Division

70_12_26 WHU v. Nottingham Forest Postponed

Upton Park

26 December 1970


Snow on Pitch : rearranged for 24th February 1971



Programme Inserts courtesy of John Northcutt

bottom of page